Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More on Locks of Love...

I feel the need to elaborate a little on my last post...
In accordance with our social mission to donate 10% of ALL sales to cancer wellness & community programs, I finally cut my hair. It took me close to a year to grow it long enough to donate it to Locks of Love
What is Locks of Love?
Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. Their 'mission is to return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children. The children receive hair prostheses free of charge or on a sliding scale, based on financial need.'

Cancer constitutes the second highest percentage of their recipients. Every year approximately 2,200 children under age 20 are diagnosed with brain tumors. Radiation treatment to the brain stem as a treatment for cancer can cause permanent hair loss. Chemotherapy may also cause hair loss to be long-term depending on the length of treatment needed.

It is amazing, something I took for granted is something a young child relies on for normalcy. Anyhow, I am not elaborating on my experience to toot my own teapot. I am trying to spread the word. It is a great cause that will help kids feel confident, beautiful and like everybody else. 

Just find a great hair dresser.


If you live in or new Boulder, CO go to Zing Hair. They treat their customers like family.

1 comment:

  1. I have read the article which is on the Love and compassions.I know that Cancer constitutes the second highest percentage of their recipients. Every year approximately 2,200 children under age 20 are diagnosed.There should good rules and regulations for the cancer treatment and support.I want to know suggestion from others.

    ReplyDelete