Spring has definitely flirted its pretty little head in March, usually one of the snowiest months in Colorado, but not this year. April has turned out to be snowy but sunny which means spring is right around the corner. Warmer weather, flowers blooming, spring veggies and my favorite...FRESH FRUIT!
I created this recipe last year for a Mother's Day Tea Cooking Class. To tell you the truth, I never even made it for my mother. Sorry mom!!! But I did make it almost weekly throughout the Spring & Summer. It's a fresh and healthy snack with a hint of slightly sweet simple tea syrup that quenches a sweet tooth and nourishes the mind and body.
Green Tea (BOULDER BLUES) Infused Fruit Salad:
Ingredients: BOULDER BLUES Tea Syrup
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- 2 TBS BOULDER BLUES Green Tea (or any other fruity green tea)
- Steep Boulder Blues tea in 4 ounces water at 175° for 2 minutes (Note to bring water to 175° - boil and let cool for 3 minutes). Strain tea leaves. Optional: Reserve tea leaves for re-steeping...makes a great iced tea!!!
- Add hot tea to agave and whisk to combine. Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Meanwhile cut fruit.
Ingredients: Fruit Salad
- Assorted Seasonal Fruit, any kind you like (Strawberries, Blueberries, Mango, Pineapples, Kiwis, Raspberries, melon, grapes, oranges)
- Fresh Mint Leaves, garnish
- Optional: Ice Cream
- Cut fruit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix fruit
- Fold in simple syrup
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves
- Optional: Add on top of ice cream
Mom, I promise to make this special Green Tea Infused Fruit Salad during your Mother's Day trip...See you in a couple of weeks!!!